Bruno the Boxer
A day in the life with Bruno the Boxer. 1 year, 5 months—88 pounds, 24 1/2 inches from the ground to the highest point of the shoulders (the withers).
1 year, 5 months old (17 months).
Bruno and Allie went for a pack walk with Darley the Beagle mix and Rusty the Golden Retriever.
Introducing the gang, who are being told to wait at the gate until the humans have all passed—(back left to front):
Allie, a Boxer that was formerly dog aggressive. She was what Cesar Millan would call a "red zone" case. She attacked and there was blood. She was introduced to Cesar's Way at age 6 and now look at her: she's got a pack of friends. Who says you cannot teach old dogs new tricks, or shall I say an old owner new tricks?! :)
Bruno, a Boxer that was introduced to Cesar's Way at puppyhood. I honestly never owned such a well-mannered dog.
Rusty, a Golden Retriever that formerly owned his human, was newly introduced to Cesar's Way the day this picture was taken. He made great improvements in his walk and the way he approached people. Rusty, there will be no more jumping, humping, pulling or protesting. Rusty is a work in progress and from what I hear, is doing very well. He is also quite happy with his newly found respect and status in life.
Darley is still a puppy, and a sweet one at that. She is doing great with Cesar's Way. She loves other dogs and does well on her walks.
Bruno's Pack Walk and Play Date
Darley, Rusty, Bruno and Allie going for a swim in the pond after an hour-long pack walk.
Bruno's New Friend Tia the Norwegian Elkhound
Bruno and his new friend Tia the Norwegian Elkhound. Tia was rescued by a neighbor from the SPCA. She had spent the last two years of her life in her former owners’ garage. From the garage she ended up in the pound.
After bringing Tia home from the pound, we used Bruno to help her not bolt when she is off her leash.
Tia learns to follow Bruno.
Tia also gives Bruno a run for his money!
Hey you guys, that's the goat's water. I don't think they would appreciate all of you in there like that!
Good dogs—swim in the pond instead...
Bruno that was disgusting!
I walked out of the front door and spotted a pile of peacock poop on the porch. I walked out into the yard to look for a leaf or something to scrape it up. When I returned the poop was gone and Bruno was licking his lips! YUCK!
Raising a Puppy: Bruno the Boxer
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?