Raising a Puppy: 27th week in his new home
A day in the life with Bruno the Boxer puppy. Bruno's 27th week—33 weeks old, 74 pounds, 24 inches from the ground to the highest point of the shoulders (the withers).
About 7 1/2 months old
I often use a wagon to transport a bale of hay to the horses and goats. The cats like to hitch a ride. Bruno noticed the cat inside the wagon and wanted to play. Not now Bruno, you will scare the cat away. "Hey, NO. Leave it!"
Bruno was outside playing with the Pyrenees and decided it would be a good idea to chew up their dog bed. Bad dog, Bruno!
The pieces are everywhere.
The trail leads right into the springhouse, where the Pyrenees's dog beds were kept.
The mess filled an entire trash bag.
Now Bruno, I am not exactly sure what that there thing is, but I am pretty sure I had seen it part way buried in the ground over in the horse field. My guess would be it is one of those things you put down in a garden so the weeds do not grow as fast. One thing I know for sure is that tarp was not in the yard. You drug it out from somewhere. I know it was you because you happen to have a piece of the tarp hanging out of your mouth. Busted! Always making a mess, aren't we?!
Henry Comes Over!
Bruno meets Henry the Labrador Retriever for the first time. This is Henry gathering Bruno's personal information.
Bruno walks off with Henry.
It's time to go for our walk.
Henry meets some horses for the first time in his life. He's not sure what to make of those huge things.
Henry also meets Trouble the cat.
Trouble is not very happy to meet Henry. Look how fluffed up she is.
Henry learns to walk on a leash without pulling. Good boy, Henry.
Henry tries out Bruno's Illusion collar. We discover it's much easier to keep Henry from pulling with this collar on.
Bruno the Great Pyrenees and Food
I am happy to report I had just fed the Great Pyrenees and had gone back inside the house when I realized I didn't know where Bruno was. I went back out to look for him. He was in with Tundra and Tacoma (the two Great Pyrenees). The food dishes were right there and no one was fighting! Things are definitely getting better around here.
Raising a Puppy: Bruno the Boxer
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?