Raising a Puppy: 32nd week in his new home
A day in the life with Bruno the Boxer puppy. Bruno's 32nd week—38 weeks old, 81 pounds, 24 1/2 inches from the ground to the highest point of the shoulders (the withers).
8 1/2 months old, sporting the larger collar we got from Tobin's Feed & Seed.
Bruno looking around Tobin's Feed & Seed to see which bone he thinks he would like to have.
Bruno, you lucky pup, they gave you a giant biscuit for free. Did you charm them with your looks? ;-)
Out on a hike, while Allie thinks about carefully walking through the cold water, Bruno decides he's going to jump it!
And he's off!
About to land in the mud!
Bruno Lost his Crate
Bruno hanging out with Waffle the cat, who took over his crate after he developed frostbite from a scrape on the back of his neck. No idea how the scrape happened. It looks like he squeezed through something that shaved the top of his fur off?? Possibly grabbed by a fox?? The scrape on his neck was wet from other animals licking and from the cut itself. Wet and cold weather do not mix. Waffle has to spend some time indoors under supervision.
He licks Waffle's wound, which is actually good for the cat. Dog saliva has a natural healing agent in it. This built-in germicide found in the saliva of a dog amazingly heals wounds in record time. Good boy, Bruno!
For the next couple of days temperatures will be above freezing, so the cat is able to go outside until it gets cold again. Bruno gets his crate back. After cleaning it out and putting Bruno's mat in it, he went into the crate on his own and went to sleep. Oh poor Bruno, did a cat take over your place? You have it back for two days. You were a very good boy outside of your crate.
Bruno Gets his Nails Done
Time for Bruno to get his nails trimmed. First we cut them with nail cutters, than we file them with a dog Dremel Pet Tool. Bruno's not so sure about this, but he is told to stay and deal with it.
Oh you poor Bruno. Amie decided you needed your nails painted pink. Bruno's even more unsure about this, but he is told to stay and he listens like a good puppy. Amie, you could have at least picked blue, Bruno is a macho man. You are ruining his ego!
I looked outside and saw Bruno playing tug-of-war with the trampoline. Oh Bruno, Bruno, Bruno...Katie is NOT going to be happy with you AGAIN! We do NOT chew up the trampoline!
Raising a Puppy: Bruno the Boxer
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?