The Adventures of Bruno the Boxer and Spencer the Pit Bull
Bruno and Spencer Out on a Walk
Bruno the Boxer at 5 years old and Spencer the Pit Bull Terrier at 2 years old
Bruno and Spencer continue to go on walks every day. It is a big part of what keeps them calm and well balanced. The walks are anywhere from 1 to 7 miles depending on the weather.
Watch Bruno and Spencer's reaction to a barking Beagle while out on a walk.
Bruno and Spencer have learned to be very good posers. I can prop them in front of things and ask them to stay while I take pictures. I am sure they do not understand why I am holding an object up and pushing buttons, but they stand there waiting for the come command just the same. Their reward is a "Good Boys" and a pat on the head or scratch behind the ear. I in return get a lick on the face. Here they are posing in front of a geese decoy at one of the parks we visited.
On the really hot summer days rather than just not go out at all, I find places to walk that have access to water. Both Bruno and Spencer will swim in a pond in water over their heads, therefore I know neither dog is afraid of water. This picture shows one of the definite personality differences between the two dogs. Bruno will walk into puddles and even mud, whereas Spencer avoids puddles and mud. If Spencer is not hot he prefers not to get his feet wet. In this picture we were crossing a shallow stream. Bruno walked right into the water and Spencer walked on top of the rocks—no need to get his paws wet if he does not have to. And in case you were wondering, when Bruno gets into the water it's not because he does not know how to walk on top of the rocks; he is very good at hopping rocks and does it all of the time. He just likes the water, too.
Bruno decides he will just lie down in the water.
Spencer spots a rock and decides to dry his paws.
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?