Raising a Puppy: Mia the Blue-Nose American Bully Pit—45 weeks old
A day in the life with Mia the American Bully (Bully Pit) puppy. 45 weeks old, 65 pounds, 18 1/2 inches from the ground to the highest point of the shoulders (the withers).
45 weeks old (10 1/2 months)
Out and About
Mia being a good girl at a pet store with her big brother Bruno the Boxer
Amie walking Mia and Bruno around town.
Mia people watching as the humans eat lunch in town.
Playdate at the Gym
Mia continues to go to Crossfit West Chester with Amie. She absolutely loves it. When she sees Amie pick up her leash and say "Do you want to go to crossfit?" Mia woooo woooos, turning in circles with her head low and her tail wagging and runs to the truck.
Mia met Duncan the DNA tested American Staffordshire Terier / French Bulldog mix. The dogs got along great. Mia followed him around everywhere he went.
Notice that neither of these dog's tails are up and their ears are slightly back. Their mouths are relaxed and parted open with their tongues hanging out. That is body language from one dog to another meaning they come in peace. No one means any harm and no one wants to dominate the other.
Mia watches Duncan roll around like a silly boy.
Hey there, do you want to play?
Another Playdate at the Gym
Yay! Duncan is at the gym again. Another playdate!
The dogs are not allowed up on the beds or other furniture, so the humans get on the floor for some pack cuddle time.
Mia loves cloth toys with squeakers in them. The problem is she also loves to purposely work really hard at getting the squeaker out. She knows where it is and she knows just where to start ripping the cloth to get to it. Therefore we try and give her bigger, heavier toys she cannot destroy such as bones and horns to chew on.
Every morning as each person gets up Mia runs to get them a toy so she can dance around them. The person usually does not have shoes on and Mia sometimes drops that toy and picks it back up as she dances around their bare feet. This dog runs a high risk of breaking someone's toe!
Mia! That is my green bean plant you are chewing on and I'm pretty sure it didn't grow there in the driveway! You pulled it out of the garden!
Raising a Puppy: Mia the American Bully (Bully Pit)
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?
- American Pit Bull Terrier Information
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 1
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 2
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 3
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 4
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 5
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 6
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 7
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 8