Raising a Puppy: Mia the Blue-Nose American Bully Pit—46 weeks old
A day in the life with Mia the American Bully (Bully Pit) puppy. 46 weeks old, 64 pounds, 18 1/2 inches from the ground to the highest point of the shoulders (the withers).
46 weeks old (about 10 1/2 months)
Mia practices heeling on a pack walk with no leash. We were in a safe area just in case she ran off, but she did a great job and stayed with us. This not only exercises the body, but is calming to the mind.
Mia leave that horse alone. Don't follow him so close. You are just asking to get kicked in the head by doing that.
Good girl, circle away from Scooters back end.
Oh my gosh Mia, I had assumed Stephen messed up the grass with the tractor, but he says it was not him. Did YOU dig all that up??Did Bruno and Spencer help you? I know you dogs like to hang out on that hill, but is that what you have been doing? Digging? Looks like grass seed is in order.
After a Walk
The pack after a walk, piled into the van and ready for a nap.
Pushy Little Gal
Whew, mommy's got the treat bag!! Notice how Mia is up front. She works hard to push her way to the front of the line. I mean that literally. She will push chairs, tables other dogs, people or whatever is standing in her way with her bully body, squeezing herself to the front. She will give you her paw with great enthusiasm if you happen to have food in your hand. She often has to be sent back a few steps and served the food last to knock her off of her high horse.
Oh dear, toy rubber Frisbees are not Bully safe! Mia! You chewed your toy all up. Give me that before you eat the pieces.
Raising a Puppy: Mia the American Bully (Bully Pit)
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?
- American Pit Bull Terrier Information
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 1
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 2
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 3
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 4
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 5
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 6
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 7
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 8