Raising a Puppy: The 42nd Week in his New Home—Spencer the Blue-Nose Brindle Pit Bull
A day in the life with Spencer the American Pit Bull Terrier puppy. Spencer's 42nd week—51 weeks old, 79 pounds, 22 1/2 inches from the ground to the highest point of the shoulders (the withers).
11 1/2 months old.
Just when I thought Spencer was all good and was going to leave the toads that hang out in our driveway this time of year alone...
…he pounced! Pup, leave those toads alone! They eat bugs and I happen to like them!
Spencer watches horses and their riders as they practice barrel racing. The horses were running right by him and he didn't even flinch. I believe he has developed a respect for those big creatures.
Watching some racing in the outside ring.
Practicing Staying Calm around Excited Kids
I can't think of a better place to practice staying calm around excited kids than to stand there as school lets out. He sat there calmly as he waited for Sara to show up.
Oh you little squirt, you are so busted! The last time I looked, that plate was not that close to the edge of the table and your snout smells like salmon cat food!
Yuck, No Bones!
OK, now I know it's perfectly natural for you to want to get at those bones from that dead animal but last time I walked by that carcass I saw bugs crawling into it. My guess is that is a good way to give yourself worms! So no, pup you can't have it. How the heck did it even get back to the gate again? Like I should even have to question the how. I am sure YOU dragged it there again and whoever was walking you most likely made you drop it at the gate.
Raising a Puppy: Spencer the Pit Bull
- American Pit Bull Terrier Information
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 1
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 2
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 3
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 4
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 5
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 6
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 7
- American Pit Bull Terrier Pictures 8
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- Listen to the Dogs
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?